Skip to main content

00:00:00 PM

April 24, 2024

Data  |  Knowledge  |  Privacy  |  Contact Us |

7.1882893, 19.9959591


 

car    Central African Republic   

The Central African Republic is a landlocked country in Central Africa. It is bordered by Chad to the north, Sudan to the northeast, South Sudan to the southeast, the Democratic Republic of the Congo to the south, the Republic of the Congo to the southwest, and Cameroon to the west. Wikipedia

Capital: Bangui

Population: 5.457 million (2021) World Bank

Currency: Central African CFA franc

Continent: Africa

Official languages: French, Sango

President: Faustin-Archange Touadéra, David Dacko

Country Profile
Events
🌐  + Countries
      ↳ None
a
Body

On August 11th, approximately 1,000 residents from Koukourou fled their village due to the intrusion of unidentified armed groups, fearing for their safety. The assailants shot in the air before looting houses and took an unknown number of hostages. The IDPs found refuge in the bush. A few days earlier, on 8 August, armed elements attacked the neighboring village of Mbéngou using the same modus operandi. OCHA is monitoring the situation and may lead a multisectoral assessment this week. As of 31 May 2023, the estimated total number of IDPs in the CAR was 475,000 individuals. Among them, host families represent 73 percent, and the other 27 percent are IDPs living in dedicated sites.

TAGS

 

ty
 

(OCHA)
Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
+ Agencies

↳ None
Humanitarian Impact
  1,000
      Affected Persons
  1,000
        Displaced Persons

OCHA coordinates the global emergency response to save lives and protect people in humanitarian crises.

UU

Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.

WorldsAid Copyright © 2023
Where Applicable All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer

THE DESIGNATIONS EMPLOYED AND THE PRESENTATION OF MATERIAL ON MAPS SHARED HERE ON WORLDSAID DO NOT IMPLY THE EXPRESSION OF ANY OPINION WHATSOEVER ON THE PART OF WORLDSAID.org CONCERNING THE LEGAL STATUS OF ANY COUNTRY, TERRITORY OR AREA OR OF ITS AUTHORITIES, OR CONCERNING THE DELIMITATION OF ITS FRONTIERS OR BOUNDARIES.